Saturday, October 20, 2012

Power House Fudge

Here's my take on a Power House Breakfast Fudge.
I was inspired by Tenina's Chocolate energy bars, but wanted to shake them up a bit. So here is my version, it is more of a fudge though :) It is PACKED with nutrients. We're talkin' crazy amounts. If you've not heard of Crio Bru before, check it out. It's roasted cocoa beans, packed with all the good stuff, perks you up, but doesn't give you the low, surpresses appetite. If you want to know more, Tenina has heaps of recipes on her blog!

This tastes good, but not so good, you'll eat the whole batch. I think that's a pretty good compromise for a breaky fudge. I feel a bit indulgent, but satisfied at a small piece.

I've used walnuts and macadamias as the chunk of my nuts, as they have the proper balance of Omega 3 and 6. Helping the body to fuel itself the right way. I've added Puffed Aramanth as it is high in protein and is packed with nutrients, it is very much optional.

I've used maple syrup/coconut sugar over dates, as they do pack a pretty huge sugar hit. When dates or maple syrup are teamed with protein and fibre, it slows the release of energy dramatically, so there is none of those nasty sugar spikes, and lows. And of course, coconut oil, great for everything and everyone this stuff!


Wake-me-up-before-we-GoGo-Breakfeast-Fudge

Place 50 grams of Crio Bru in the thermomix, mill, speed 10, for 15 seconds.

Add 30 grams of coconut oil, 50 degrees, 2 minutes, speed 2, blitz to combine very well

Add in:
100grams walnuts
100grams macadamias
75 grams cashews
50 grams coconut suger or maple syrup (if using coconut sugar, add in 10 drops stevia)
2 teaspoons vanilla
a small pinch of salt
3 teaspoons puffed aramanth
30 grams coconut - shredded

Turbo several times until you have a fairly smooth dough type consistency.

I pop in to one of those small tin foil take away containers, and pop it in the freezer for a few hours. It is easy to take out of these containers! I then slice it in to very small pieces, and pop it back in the freezer. I prefer these frozen, the coconut flavor prevails when frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment