Monday, November 26, 2012

Gluten Free PlayDoh!

PlayDoh, in the thermomix, we make an incredible PlayDoh. It's soft, pliable, so nice to play with; and best of all easy and cheap!

I haven't had much luck with gluten free playdoh though, I always end up with more of a glue! But I think I've got the perfect recipe here now. It acts much the same as regular playdoh. It does dry out much quicker, so be sure to cover it up straight after use. You can reinvigorate it by popping it in the thermomix, with a tablespoon or so of oil and knead it back to life.

It doesn't have that delicious playdoh smell (or is that just me that loves that?), so I've scented it with a bit of peppermint oil. Totally optional! You can't tell in the photos, but there is an awsome glitter through the dough, must be a reaction in the ingredients, score!

You can make this on the stove top, just stand there, stirring that mix until it makes playdoh!

Gluten Free PlayDoh:

500grams Bicarb Soda
200grams Cornflour
380grams Water
30grams Oil
1 tsp Cream of Tarter
Coloring of choice
Scent of choice

Add all ingredients, except cream of tarter.
Once it's stirring, add in the Tarter.
Set 8 minutes, speed 3, 80 degrees.
Set 1 minute, 90 degrees.


It will still be loose, it will firm up as it cools. If you want a firmer dough, cook the whole recipe 8 minutes, 90 degrees.


Tip out, let cool, and get crafting!


I hope you enjoy it :)

3 comments:

  1. Tash, you are a legend. Love your recipes. I don't know how you find the time to make them but they are very much appreciated in my household. Will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe. I am still waiting for it to cool completely but so far, so good! Can't wait for my Coeliac three year old to wake up tomorrow morning and have a play!
    All the other ones I have tried have been sooo sticky and also a little too firm for her little tiny hands.
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my Bellini as I write this. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete